While you can store a vast amount of data along with your private photos and videos on your smartphones, ensuring that these photos and videos are secure becomes extremely important. Since all your media files are restored in your phone gallery, anyone who gets through your phone lock will have access to all your media files. Thus, the best app to hide pictures and videos on iPhone is necessary.
To ensure your privacy isn’t compromised, we have brought you 11 of the best apps to hide pictures and videos on iPhone. These applications are the ones you can rely on completely and encrypt your photos and videos with complete security.
Table of Contents
Best App To Hide Pictures And Videos On iPhone
Everyone seeks privacy. Whether it is your personal smartphone, your social media accounts, your bank details, or any other information, everything must be kept safe and should be prevented from being compromised at any cost.
But when talking about preventing your media files like your photos and videos, there are some applications that you can rely on completely to do this job for you. Moreover, if you are an iPhone user, here are the top 11 applications that you can consider to hide your pictures and videos privately on your smartphone.
Keepsafe: Secret Private Vault
On the first sport, we have the Keepsafe application. Trusted by over 75 million people, Keepsafe is a brilliant choice to protect your private photos and videos even after your phone is unlocked. The app goes with the slogan that “Privacy is the new Freedom” for an individual therefore the application does everything to prevent your privacy from getting compromised in any manner.
Talking about the app’s pricing, Keepsafe is initially free to use but also has an in-app purchase option where you can buy the premium version that unlocks some more efficient premium tools. The premium pack starts from around $4.99.
Keepsafe also has a cloud backup option, and you can lock your photos and videos through a simple password encryption method. Along with this, it also comes with multiple themes that make it quite attractive in look and style.
- Simple password encryption to hide photos and videos
- Back up your media files through the cloud backup option
- Unique user interface easy to understand and quite attractive as well
- You can store up to 10000 images in the application
- Easy folder-sharing option with people you want
- Comes with a huge storage capacity of more than 10000 images and media files
- Share your private media files with anyone you want easily
- Most efficient features are unlocked in the premium version only
Secret Key Lock Album: Securing Files
Another efficient app to keep your photos and videos completely safe and secure is the Secret Key Lock Album application. This app is quite famous in Japan since it allows you to lock your media files including a large range of formats like GIFs, photos, videos, time-lapse videos, slow-mo videos, and much more. You can also lock the app using a passcode, password, or face lock. Therefore there is no compromise in the security of your files at all.
Once you choose to lock up a particular photo or video, it will disappear from your phone’s gallery and will be shown up in the secure key lock album application. If you ever want to transfer them back to your phone’s gallery, you can unlock them and do so with ease. One of the most beneficial features of the app is that it is absolutely free to use. No premium version is available, nor does the app demand any in-app purchases.
In addition to the above features, you can even share your photos and videos using AirDrop Twitter email, or Dropbox services for wireless Trance as well.
- User-friendly and easy-to-use interface
- Can lock multiple formats including GIFs, photos, videos, etc.
- Lock the app with a passcode, password, or face lock.
- Attach comments to your media files for reference in the future
- Supports services like Dropbox, AirDrop, Twitter, Email, etc.
- Put a unique cover on each album to increase the security level
- Absolutely free to use
- Share media files from an outside source easily with the support of features like AirDrop, Dropbox, etc.
- App meant to store photos and videos only; you cannot make any changes to them once locked
Secret Photos KYMS: Your Free Privacy Keeper
Probably the best on the list, the Secret Photos KYMS application is a calculator locker that can be used to protect your photos, videos, and other media files and hide them from your gallery. The application uses AES encryption technology to hide your photos and videos.
You must put in a secret pin to lock your media files in the app. At first appearance, the KYMS app will look like a standard calculator that can be used for making simple calculations. But once you enter your secret PIN, it will take you to a vault where all your media files are kept safe. Therefore it can be a good option for hiding photos and videos from your actual gallery on your iPhone.
The Secret Photos KYMS also has a built-in photo editor, video player, and document viewer. Moreover, you can transfer your media files directly from your Mac to this vault with the help of the iTunes transfer option. The app comes with a free as well as a premium version which allows you to protect multimedia files, documents, and passwords as well. Also if you want to store other things such as contact papers, documents, credit card information, etc. then you will need to purchase its premium version.
- A calculator-like appearance hides the actual vault
- Can also work as a normal calculator if needed
- Store any file including photos, videos, and other documents
- Easily transfer files from your Mac using the iTunes share option
- Camouflaged as a calculator
- Built-in browser, photo editor, and document viewer
- Few features unlocked with the premium feature only
Another great option to hide your pictures and videos from your gallery is the Safe Lock application, specifically made for iPhones. The app comes with some exciting and advanced features to provide security to your media files. One of the most remarkable features is that you can customize the app icon according to your choice. You can also set up 7 different types of passwords to protect your media files. Safe Lock also has secret access to your camera and captures the picture of any intruder who tries to get into the app by entering a wrong password.
Safe Lock is initially free to use but comes with a premium version as well, where the monthly cost is around $1.99. In addition to this, there are also plans for 12 months and more.
- Different types of locks enhance the security of the application
- Wi-Fi transfer enabled
- Supports platforms like Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc.
- Create fake passports to bluff intruders
- Easily recover your passwords through email
- Captures the photo of intruders
- Supports every kind of media file
- Flip your phone to lock the application instantly
- Comes with a dark mode
- Wi-Fi file transfer option extremely convenient to transfer your MediaFire directly into the app
- Customizing the application will help you make it go unnoticed when looked by anyone
- Premium features might not be affordable to everyone
Gallery Vault: Easily Hide Photos & Videos
One of the most well-built and attractive applications on the list, the Gallery Vault will win your hearts from its appearance. Moreover, the application is highly secure for hiding your media files, primarily photos and videos. With the Gallery Vault, you can lock your application using your face ID, touch ID, pattern, or passcode.
The app also has certain advanced features, such as just flipping your phone upside down to lock the application once again automatically. Gallery Vault also has a private browser through which you can download all your images and videos with just a single tap.
The app also holds a wide range of themes to customize the application according to your choice. Gallery Vault is initially free to use, but it also has some premium plans. These include a monthly plan, a half-yearly plan, and a yearly subscription. The most basic plan starts from $1.99 per month. Gallery Vault has a comparatively high rating and better reviews compared to its competitors. therefore this can be your prime choice to hide your images and videos.
- Clean and highly attractive user interface
- Multiple sorting options for images
- Create fake passwords
- Lock a particular folder
- Custom themes available to customize the app
- Break-in alerts available
- Private web browser to download all your images
- Flip-to-lock feature
- No storage limitation for hiding images and videos
- Break-in alert feature to prompt you if someone tries to sneak into the app
- Integrated private browser to download all your media files with just a single tap
- Free subscription has only limited resources
Hide it Pro: Hide Media Files
The Hide It Pro was once ranked #1 on the app stores. This clearly defines how amazing this app is. Certainly a prime choice for hiding your photos and videos, this application lets you customize itself in a lot of ways.
Certain specific features of the app include creating multiple photos and videos and naming them according to you. Moreover, you can also change the thumbnail of these albums to hide what’s inside them. The application also supports a cloud backup option to protect all your media files from being lost.
You can also disguise Hide It Pro from the disguise app option in it. This will prevent anyone from finding out that the application is an actual vault. Hide It Pro has monthly subscription plans that come with many premium features, but they can also be used for your cost.
- Create as many albums as you want
- Rename your photos and video albums according to your choice
- You can also change the thumbnail of your albums to disguise them
- Escape Unlock Code to make the application entirely empty just if anyone finds it out
- Locks automatically once you exit the app
- Escape Unlock Code to make the application look entirely empty to prevent your media files from being searched
- Share photos directly from iTunes
- Costly monthly subscription to upgrade your cloud storage
Made especially for iPhone users, iVault is another great application that you can use to protect your photos and videos. It has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface, and you can encrypt your photos and videos with just a simple passcode. Another extremely efficient and unique feature of the application is that you can create a fake gallery profile to show up random images and hide the actual ones behind them. Along with storing photos and videos, you can also store copies of important documents like passports, debit and credit card details, etc.
Along with the fake gallery option, iVault also has a fake local and passcode feature to create an order to keep your original ones protected and away from the sight of others. The app has a lot of other similar features that are exciting and also add a layer of privacy to your personal media files.
Another efficient feature you must know of when using this app is that whenever you put your face away from the screen, it automatically closes and opens another random application to protect your privacy. Isn’t that cool?
- Simple, attractive, and easy-to-use interface
- Supports dark mode along with 20 other colors that you can use to customize your application
- Look away to close the application
- Fake gallery
- Fake passcode and locker
- Available for iPhones above iOS 13 version
- Just look away from the screen to lock the app
- Fake Locker and fake gallery option to prevent your actual photos and videos from being accessed
- Password-protect every single album
- Only available on iPhones above iOS 13 version
The SpyCalc app is another good consideration if you want to hide your photos and media from your gallery. The application comes disguised as a fake calculator app that can be used to make simple calculations. But the real work is done behind the calculator screen. You will need to set a unique pin which when entered on the calculator’s screen, will open up the vault for you.
It has a lot of advanced and unique features. Some of these include that once you select the images and videos to hide, they will automatically get removed from your phone’s gallery. Along with this, SpyCalc comes with a built-in web browser and a built-in contact manager as well. You can even secure notes, reminders, and much more. The application also supports cloud services like Dropbox and AirDrop.
SpyCalc also allows you to monitor any unwanted activity on the application and notifies you when an intruder tries to sneak into the app without your permission. You can even lock audio and voice notes and password-protect them if needed.
- Transfer your media files using the Wi-Fi transfer option easily
- Back up your media file using cloud services such as dropbox and airdrop
- Monitor any unknown activity on the application
- Built-in web browser and contacts manager
- Automatically delete files from the gallery once saved in the application
- Efficient built-in browser to download all your media files
- The app notifies you about any unauthorized activity
- Costly premium subscription
AppLock by DoMobile
One of the most popular and efficient apps for hiding photos, videos, and any other media file from your device is the AppLock by DoMobile. This application comes with some really advanced and exciting features that can enhance your security level of media files to a great extent. Moreover, you can hide the application from your menu bar and if an intruder tries to delete AppLock, it will require them to enter the passcode to do so.
Along with this, AppLock also comes with easy recovery options if you ever forget your passwords. The application was widely used by Android users initially but is now also available for iPhone users as well. It will demand access to your storage, and you can select the photos and videos that you want to hide from your gallery.
The free version of the app is self-sufficient to provide you with every security feature for your media. Therefore you do not need to spend your money on making in-app purchases.
- Can hide almost any media file
- You can even hide the application itself to stay away from intruders
- Uninstalling the application will require you to enter the passcode
- Easy recovery options through email
- Free version is sufficient enough to protect your media
- You can hide the app icon
- Uninstallation requires a passcode
- New for iPhone so it might take time to get a grasp of the app
Private Photo Vault: Pic Safe
One of the most legendary applications to hide your photos and videos in your iPhone is the Private Photo Vault: Pic Safe vault. It uses different types of passwords to lock your photos and videos. The application also provides you with break-in reports to know if an Intruder had tried to sneak into the application.
You can easily import photos using iTunes, wireless photo transfer, email options, and text messages. It also lets you see a slideshow of your photos and create an interesting interface for you. Pic Safe also comes with a private web browser to help you download all your images with a single tap. The application also supports a cloud backup option where all your media files are locked in the cloud storage. This enhances the security of the system to a greater extent.
This app comes with a premium subscription plan which needs to be renewed on a regular basis. There is also a free version available, but you won’t be able to use cloud vault services on it.
- Comes with cloud vault protection
- An integrated private browser to download all your images and videos
- Supports almost every video and photo format
- Easily import and export photos and videos using different methods
- Create a decoy password for the application
- Locks automatically if you look apart from it
- Multiple app-lock options available
- Cloud vault helps you encrypt your cloud backup media files which are 100% private and not even the employees of the cloud service company will be able to access it
- Create a decoy password security for the application
- Free version not very useful
- Expensive premium version
The last on the list is the Pic Lock app, another good choice to protect your iPhone’s videos, images, and other media files. The application has a very easy-to-use interface, and you can lock your private files with just a three-step process. Along with this, it allows you to lock bulk files together. Therefore you don’t have to select each photo or video separately and lock it.
You can even set up a fake pin to enhance security. You can also import your media files directly from your desktop using iTunes to the Pic Lock application. And if you ever forget to close the application, it will do so automatically once the device is put to sleep. Pic Lock has a free version and also a premium package. The premium version of the application provides the service to easily recover your password through an email process if you ever forget it.
- Easily hide bulk media files all at once
- Automatically lock on sleep feature
- Explicitly optimized for Apple devices
- Captures photos of any intruder
- Import media files using iTunes from your desktop
- Recover password through the premium version
- Fake pin to enhance security
- Lock-on sleep feature provides security even when left carelessly
- Helps you create a fake pin to enhance security
- Quickly import your media files from your desktop with the iTunes transfer feature
- Lacks quick updates and sometimes faces a lot of bugs and glitches
FAQs | Best App To Hide Pictures And Videos On iPhone
What is the best app to hide pictures and videos on iPhone?
Since there are a lot of applications available on the app store, we have provided a list of the top 11 apps that you must consider when looking to hide photos and videos on your iPhone device.
Is there a secret photo folder on my iPhone?
Yes, you can find this folder by going into the photos app and then scrolling down to find the hidden album under the utility section on your iPhone. Although this feature is not efficient enough to protect all your media files therefore it is recommended that you must try the above-mentioned applications.
Do the hidden photos upload to iCloud on the iPhone?
Yes, the hidden photos also upload to iCloud automatically on your iPhone device. However, you can turn off the backup option to prevent them from getting uploaded.
To conclude, these are all the top 11 applications you can try on your iPhone device to hide your pictures and videos efficiently. Since privacy is a grave concern today, it becomes crucial to consider and use such applications to remain safe and secure.
Although the iPhone has a different option to encrypt any specific application with a different password than the one on your lock screen. But considering the above applications, you can hide your photos and videos from the gallery to prevent any stranger from accessing your files without your permission.
Therefore it is highly recommended that you use these applications and keep your data safe and secure like never before. While some of these applications might demand you to purchase their premium plans to make full use of them, it is ultimately your choice whether to buy them or not. If your needs are fulfilled with the free version of the app, there is no need to purchase the premium versions at all.
Into video editing? Here’s more for you: